Sunday, November 3, 2013

Films I Saw in October

Masculin Féminin

The Best:

1. Masculin Féminin - ****
2. The Killing of a Chinese Bookie - ****
3. Come and See - ****
4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) - ****
5. A Man Escaped - ****
6. Gravity (x2) - ****
7. The Wicker Man (1973) - ****
8. The Sacrifice - ****
9. Hunger (1966) - ****
10. Swingers - ****

The Rest:

Ain't Them Bodies Saints - ***1/2
Andrei Rublev - ***1/2
Au Hasard Balthazar - ***1/2
The Battle of Algiers - ***1/2
Beautiful Girls - ***1/2
Betty Blue - ***1/2
Bottle Rocket - ***
Bound for Glory - ***
Captain Phillips - ****
Carrie (2013) - ***
The Counselor - ***
Crash (1996) - ***
Cria Cuervos - ***
Cul-de-sac - ****
The Decline of the American Empire - ***
Don Jon - ***
Early Spring - ***1/2
Enough Said - ***1/2
Everyone Says I Love You - ***
Evita - *1/2
Fantastic Voyage - ***
Fellini's Casanova - **1/2
The Fifth Estate - ***
Freeway - ***
From Up on Poppy Hill - ***
Hamlet (1996) - ***
Labyrinth - ***
Last Love - ***
Logan's Run - ***1/2
Lone Star - ***
The Morning After - **
My Beautiful Laundrette - **1/2
The Omen (1976) - ***
Peggy Sue Got Married - ***
The People vs. Larry Flynt - ***1/2
The Professionals - ***1/2
Ransom (1996) - ***1/2
Robin and Marian - **1/2
Runner Runner - **
Seconds - ***1/2
Seven Beauties - ***1/2
A Star is Born (1976) - **
This is Martin Bonner - ***1/2
A Time to Kill - ***1/2
Upside Down - **
Wish You Were Here - **1/2

Rewatched:

Children of Men - ****
Cloud Atlas - ****
The Exorcist - ****
Halloween (1978) - ****
Mauvais Sang - ***1/2
Mud - ***1/2
Network - ****
Prisoners - ****
Romeo + Juliet - ****
2001: A Space Odyssey - ****
United 93 - ****
Vertigo (theater) - ****

68 Films Watched - 56 New, 12 Rewatched

6 comments:

  1. Um, which version of The Killing of a Chinese Bookie did you see? I've only seen the short version as there's a longer version of the film that Cassavetes was forced to recut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the short version, which I love. I found out about the longer version afterwards, but I haven't watched it yet.

      Delete
  2. How is it possible to even see so many films in a month? :D I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been cramming as many as I can for my weekly ballots. I'm always surprised at my total. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm always so envious of your sizable lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, my ballots are killing me! I'm going to have to slow down, so I can catch more new releases. Just this weekend I got through 12 films! Can't keep up that pace forever. ;)

      Delete