Nostra at Myfilmviews has concocted another great blogathon, and Chris at Movies And Songs 365 has kindly passed the baton to me. Essentially, this blogathon asks each participant to connect one actor/actress/director/movie to another actor/actress/director/movie in six connections or less. I've been asked to connect Toshiro Mifune to James Stewart. Note: I'm sure I could've shortened the degrees of separation, but I wanted to do all six of them.
Before I get started, here are the previous participants:
Drew at A Fistful of Films
Sati at Cinematic Corner
Alex at And So It Begins
Steven at Surrender To The Void
Chris at Movies And Songs 365
1. Toshiro Mifune worked with director Akira Kurosawa on 16 films.
2. Akira Kurosawa directed Martin Scorsese, who played Vincent van Gogh in Dreams (1990).
3. Martin Scorsese worked with Paul Newman, who starred in The Color of Money (1986).
4. Paul Newman was in The Towering Inferno (1974) with William Holden.
5. William Holden co-starred with Grace Kelly in The Country Girl (1954).
6. Grace Kelly worked with James Stewart in Rear Window (1954).
I pass the baton to Shane at Film Actually, and ask him to connect James Stewart with Spike Lee.